Semi-New to Saltwater.

NRB

Reefing newb
Hi Everyone!
My name is Nik and Im semi new to saltwater. I have done small reef aquariums (10 gallons) in the past, but now that i am a little older and wiser i want to do it right. Right now I have a 35 gallon aquarium with a few pieces (8 pounds) of live rock in there. I have 5 green chromis in there now, which i really enjoy because they all school together.
As of now i have about 15lbs of live rock curing in a tub, and it should be ready for placement in a few weeks.
Thats it for now, i do want to add maybe one more small non aggressive fish and a few invertebrates such as a cleaner shrimp, and of course corals. Hopefully when the rock is done i can have some help selecting corals for my tank.
Thank you in advance!

Hello and welcome!

Before you do anything, you need more rock in your tank. You should have 1-2 lbs per gallon. You can buy dry rock which is much cheaper, I like MarcoRocks Aquarium Products

Also you are limited to one fish for every 10 gallons, so I would say you are well at your limit for your tank. If you want another fish I would suggest getting rid of some of the chromis

Back