Serious question

You mean, one that is plumbed to a sump? Yes. If the tank is not drilled, you can purchase an overflow box that will remove water from the 55 gallon tank to a sump.

its just a normal tank. i bought it from walmart and i want to make it an overflow tank but im not sure if it will break the glass by me drilling it

You run the risk of cracking the glass if you drill it if the glass is tempered. If you don't want to take that chance, then buying an overflow box will accomplish the same thing but without having to drill the tank.

My first tank ever was a 55 gallon from Walmart too. I eventually added an overflow box to it so I could have a sump.

okay so your saying its possible without having to drill? and i love the way overflow tanks sound and look so im looking into it really hard.

Yes, if you don't want to drill, check out overflow boxes. The three most popular brands are Eschopps, Lifereef and CPR. Prices vary...

i have no idea about this overflow thing because ive never done one before so any tips?

Best tip I can give you is go to YouTube and type in overflow box lol they have ton of shit on there lol I have my 29 gallon tank set up with a overflow box that leads to my wet Dry

thank you so much. my brother has a 29 gallon also and wanted an overflow box but he thought it was too small of a tank but now i see it isnt.

Back