serpent stars

I got a serpent star with my tank about 3 months ago, i believe he is eating my cuc. Ive got alot of shells laying around and today, he was on top of my larger hermit. I broke it up and my hermit is fine. The serpent is setting in a bucket right now. They are kinda creepy too, i really dont want him and im sure that my tank is to small for him and thats why hes after my cuc. He ate my 5 min old nudibranch too.

That doesn't sound like any serpent star I've ever had that sounds more like a green brittle-----What color is it? Can you post a pic of it? You could always throw it in the sump as well.

Hmmmm, other than the green brittles I've never known the serpents or brittles to be stone cold killers usually just scavengers. If yours is doing all that I guess it has gone rogue.

Im not kidding, ive got 50 shells on the bottom of the substrate, ive stayed up late trying to find on whats happening, i figured my tank doesnt provide enough food for him and now hes in survival mode

More likely is that your hermit crabs are assassinating the snails for their shells....serpents are not aggressive but a hermit will kill a snail in a heartbeat....

I hate hermit crabs....

They are just too clumsy....and when I was trying to catch stinking Gorilla Crabs all I could catch was hermits!!!!

But those days are behind me!!!!

Back