Server Issues?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class vB_BbCodeParser_Wysiwyg in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\livingreefs.com\httpdocs\includes\class_bbcode_alt.php on line 28

I get this when trying to post once or twice an evening.

OK, I think I've found the cause to the "redeclare class" problem - and I'll try and work on a fix for that.

The 404 error looks a little more complicated, but I know what could be causing it. I've restarted the IIS service to see if that helps, but if not I will change the URL rewrite software which should solve it.

Has anyone else had further problems since then?

I've found the cause and the solution isn't ideal. One of the bits of software on the server is incompatible with the operating system (Windows 2008 R2 x64), so I'm going to have to change it. I've got another server ready to move the site to, and I estimate the change over should only take a few minutes. Switching servers is the only way to avoid downtime when changing OS, but luckily the servers are only on a month-to-month rent, so I can time the overlap days by just a day or two :D.

I'll do it early UK time so that there aren't many (if any) members online at that time. I'll be able to sync the database like last time, so there won't be any posts lost.

I'll post back here when this is complete :). At a guess, I think the switch will take place on Thurs morning. I just want to test the server a little more to make sure that there are no other bugs or software incompatibilies.

Thanks Ian! I am always impressed by how hard you work to keep this site up to snuff, and how responsive you are to problems. We're lucky to have you :D.

Thanks Sarah :)

Although I might not be able to participate in as much discussion on here as I'd like (due to lack of knowledge!), I love this community to bits and want to do anything to keep it running in top condition :D

The server move has just taken place :).

It may take 24 hours till you are on the new server, but the database is in sync across both - so no information is lost. If it's gone well, you shouldn't notice any change :D

Is that what is causing some posting issues? (see below image) I've seen it in some other threads, too, where the last people's posts show a date (yesterday, instead of "1 day ago" "5 minutes ago" etc...then when anyone posts now, they end up in the end, and new posts show up above theirs. Just a weird thing :) It's stopped now, it seems.

Or maybe I'm just the weird one out LOL

5977d1268315682-kinda-frustrated-no-cool-fish-post.jpg

SIDE NOTE: Ian is awesome..he's like a parent wnd we're his li'l misbehavin' kids!

no i'm having post non linearity issues as well... i switched to a different "viewing mode" and it fixed it for like 30 seconds, and then when i refreshed the page it went all outta order again...

Woah, the forum is going screwy!!! :shock:

"This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 20422 seconds."

LOL It's the apocalypse! Livingreefs has gotten TOO good! The internet can't handle it!

I thought I broke it..hehehe.

(Took me a few tries to post this...kept telling me "Your token has expired. Please refresh the page")

Aaaahhhhhh! :eek:

Sorry about this guys, I've fixed this problem for current posts - but I need to see if I can fix the old ones too. :shock:

I'm really sorry about this!

Back