setting up a 15 gallon fish tank

you can buy 15lbs of live rock and transport them strait to the tank while keeping them wet and hope you dont have a cycle. But there is no absolute way to avoid a cycle, but that would be your best bet.

Having water from another tank wont do anything, very little bacteria is in the water column. What you need are the rocks that the bacteria are living on.

Is there some specific reason you don't want to cycle? Don't try to go too fast just because you are impatient. Patience is a must in this hobby.
I started my ten without a cycle because I had to. I used fully cured and established live rock and water from the same system the live rock came out of to start the tank. No substrate. I added that later after I knew the tank was stable. Feel free to browse my ten gallon thread for how I did it. Again, don't try to do this unless it is absolutely necessary.

he has a homeless clown :c so he is kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. Clowns are tough little cookies though so he should be fine. Its not recommended but chichi has got you covered.

I am not moving the clownfish but I am moving a hawkfish and need to be able to put it in by 1 week because I have the clownfish in a breeder and nothing els to put him in.

Back