Setting up a Copepod tank.

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by PringlesLFE, Jul 14, 2010.

1. PringlesLFE

PringlesLFE Mmm...Salty.

I have an old Aqueon 2.5 Gallon tank and want to set up a copepod tank. If I put some LR rubble/pieces in it with a little bit of sand, would I be able to cultivate them?
    If so, I'm also curious what can you keep in a copepod tank? Might be a stupid question but I'm just curious if there's some kind of invert or tiny fish I could keep in the tank with the copepods just to add a nice little touch.

Thanks everyone.

PringlesLFE, Jul 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. PringlesLFE

little_fish Moderator

Yes that would be great to grow them in. You could also throw a piece of cheato in there for them. They just need a little flow and i think they would be able to live off the cheato growing in there so you wouldnt have to worry about feeding them.

Liveaquria.com has a secion of nano fish so you could look there, but you could also put a shrimp in there too. However, im not sure if they would eat the copepod and you would still have enough for your other tank.

little_fish, Jul 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. PringlesLFE

x19 VIP Member

I just ordered a hang on back refugium to do this same thing. Do you need to seed the copepods?

x19, Jul 14, 2010
  4. PringlesLFE

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

All you really need to get the pods going,is a little bit of live rock and some live sand from an estabilished tank.

yote, Jul 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question