Setting up a tank for a Mantis shrimp

nitrosport

Reefing newb
Hello

I'm setting up a small tank for a Mantis shrimp. I've been reading alot about them on the internet and it seems like half of the people think that they can break glass and half say it's BS. The one I will be getting is a peacock mantis. My questions is, will he break the glass? Also, can he climb out of the back where the filter is?

Since the peacock mantis has the smasher, is there a mantis shrimp that is a spearer and looks like the peacock mantis? I'm assuming this would be more safe (wont break the glass). I really like the coloration on the peacock mantis.

peacock mantis shrimp will break glass u might want to go with a acrilic aquarium( sorry for the spelling) but once its older the mantis shrimp will break glass

I really like the peacock mantis but my spare tank that I am using is glass. I really don't want to have to buy a new tank and move everything to the new one. Do you think I will be safe for now with the glass tank?

Just because they CAN bust a glass tank,Dont mean you cant keep them in a glass tank.
The shrimp isnt going to attack the glass.The only time they hit anything,is when their hunting or threatened.

one thing that i learned is dont put the rocks the way u want them to stay beacause mantis shrimp will re organize the way it wants it so dont bother makeing it pretty it will just get ruined anyway

Back