Sexy Anemone Shrimp

AmberSunrise

Reef enthusiast
My new sexy anemone shrimp! He is loving on his new anemone :heartpump

WQwEj.jpg

WrLGS.jpg

Its a condylactis anemone.

I read that they move around the tank and sting everything but mine are very good and a fun part of my tank I like them a lot.

They do best in groups, and be careful your nem doesnt eat him. Im not sure that is a nem they normally live in.

Yeah the store only had one, I am going out today to see if a store on the other side of town has any so he can have some friends.

I did a lot of searching and couldn't find anything online that specified what kind of nems they do well with and I have been watching them closely they seem to be doing good. My condy's are strangely docile, i think its because I feed them regularly.

I released him on the top of the reef and he found the condy himself so I assume he knows what he is doing I tried to make him get away from the nem several times moving him to another rock but he always went right back we shall see.

Just found this info! Looks like they are ok together

Thor amboinensis is one of the most common species of shrimp found in the Indo-Pacific region and is less common in the Caribbean area. In the wild the sexy shrimp shares a symbiotic relationship with several species of anemones; the following is a list of anemones that this shrimp has been spotted with in its natural habitat.

Bulb Anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor)
Long Tentacle Anemone (Macrodactyla doreensis)
Ritteri Anemone (Heteractis magnifica)
Sebae Anemone (Heteractis crispa)
Rock Anemone (Epicystis crucifer)
Carpet Anemone (stichodactyla gigantea)
Condylactis Anemone (Condylactis gigantea)
Adhesive Anemone (Cryptodendrum adhaesivum)

Back