Sfiligoi Stealth 8x80W T5

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I finally got my Sfiligoi Stealth T5 fixture from Aquarium Obsessed. You have to see this thing to believe it! I swear it could double as artwork if you got out of the hobby. Heres the skinny....

Its an 8X80W t5 fixture, 60" long, it measures about 20" wide.

Fit and finish of this light is excellent, none of those tin plates and rivets you saw on the Catalina I got. All aluminum frame, the top has a section of screen mesh for airflow, as well as mesh on each end.

stealth003.jpg

Finish is a slight metallic silver, definately different. I was expecting white, but this definately looks sleeker. Mesh is grey.

The reflector design is unique. Instead of 8 individual reflectors, there are 4 individuals, with two bulbs sharing a reflector. I was disappointed in this at first, but the reflector does contour around each bulb, and not in a tight way as some other units. The plus side to this is that they put an individual fan shooting down each pair of bulbs. Like I said, its different than anything I've seen

sfiligoistealth011.jpg

sfiligoistealth007.jpg

The fans are variable speed, but you have to set it on the plug. Basically it gives you a chart with a range of room temperatures and you adjust the voltage according to the temp of the room. For my home (and most) the setting is 6V, and I can tell you it is silent. The tank is directly behind my head, and all I can hear is water entering the sump.

What else can I say, This thing is bright, easily twice the brightness of my last 8x80. Its silent, looks awesome and made my corals pop like no tomorrow!

Here are two pics to compare, the first is my first 8x80 from catalina, and the second is my new sfiligoi. The sfiligoi is actually running on only 7 bulbs as one didn't survive the trip. I went with all ati Aquablue special and Ati Blue+, so the pics definately have than colour. Funny though, it doesn't seem as blue in person, I gotta play with the camera a bit.

Catalina t5 8x80w

finaltankshots019.jpg

Sfiligoi T5 8x80w missing one bulb

sfiligoistealth001.jpg

You get the idea, even though it is nowhere near this blue...I gotta figure out why the camera turned out that way.

Other notes, the cable suspension is slick and easy to setup. Adjustment is a PITA though, the light is heavy!

The splashguard is made out of three pieces of 1/8" tempered glass! I absolutely love that, although it makes the light even heavier.

Hope you enjoyed my little review, I'll give more detail after a week or so and let you know howmy corals like it!

I remembered when you ordered the lights Melon.It seems so long ago,then again it did have to get imported from overseas.

One awesome looking fixture!

If you dont mind me asking what was the price on that fixture? I went to their website and it was all in non english form. though the main page picture was amazing!

Back