Shallow tanks

Shallow tanks are really easy to work in. I love shallow cubes. Light requirements change to since you don't need to worry much about losing par at the bottom.

The downside that I see to them is if you use a regular height stand then you're looking down from the top into your tank. Or get a taller stand so you're looking into the tank like normal but then you're still reaching up and into the tank.

Saw a 100 long once and the lady had two different species of clowns but they were fine cause they each kept to their own end of the tank. The shallow and long tanks might make it easier to keep incompatible live stock. I have a 20G long and I like much better then the more narrow and taller tanks.

The downside that I see to them is if you use a regular height stand then you're looking down from the top into your tank. Or get a taller stand so you're looking into the tank like normal but then you're still reaching up and into the tank.

Not if you're short! :razz:

My next tank is going to be shallow. Somewhere around 60 gallons. Not sure on the measurements quite yet but at least 4 ft. long probably 5ft. and no more than 14" deep (12" of water).

I think they are far more aesthetically pleasing, easier to maintain and work on and allow you to keep a more interesting group of fish.

Back