Shark Article

That is why I emailed my senetor about the shark banning fin that Sharkie posted about.

While watching shark week, they said that 55,000 sharks are killed annually in fish nets. And that isnt the ones being collected for their fins.

That is why I emailed my senetor about the shark banning fin that Sharkie posted about.

While watching shark week, they said that 55,000 sharks are killed annually in fish nets. And that isnt the ones being collected for their fins.

and almost 90% of those that are caught in the nets end up being finned anyways... they have a name for it... something like "non-waste conservation" or some crap like that where they "legally" (if you want to call it that) fin the already dead shark because it is "too bad to waste it".

However, some commercial fisheries who do have sharks as bycatch will fin the shark, but they also keep the whole shark and have permits for things like that. That is how you can go into the grocery store and see things like Thresher Shark.... I'll be among the first to say that shark tastes pretty good if prepared correctly.... however hsark fin soup is a stupid stupid thing.

I gotta agree Sharkie.Shark makes awesome table fare.But there is a lot more meat on em then just in the fins.Besides that,they make for some great sport fishing.

Back