Shark Egg Case!!

You will get a little side on the plaque that she is getting!!

It will read
Banded Cat shark donated by Sharkie. First ID'ed by some cartoon crab on living reefs:mrgreen:

You will get a little side on the plaque that she is getting!!

It will read
Banded Cat shark donated by Sharkie. First ID'ed by some cartoon crab on living reefs:mrgreen:
....who took a shot in the dark and guessed one of the most popular aquarium kept sharks out there :shock:....nice Dcan, wouldn't hurt a fella' now would we? :mrgreen:

Well, its been a while since i've updated! :D So heres the latest:

Sharkie Jr (thats what its been deemed atm) is going into a 120g after 2 weeks of it hatching, until then hes going to be kept in a 10g sand only tank and i'm to watch his feeding carefully as well as all vital signs and keep a journal of EVERYTHING. I found out this is actually part of my ticket into CSUMB, which is where i've been wanting to go! :D instead of having to write a paper for the scholarship they want me to hatch this guy to term and then get him eating before I bring him to the AQ. Then he will go into a 180 until he is about 1ft long and then be moved to the 280 shark research bay area in our back spot :D once he is large enough to be put on display he will go into the tropical sharks we have opening in a few years!!

So far he looks to have about a half a gumball sized yolk left and he is fully formed! I can see stripes, gills, all the fins, and his little mouth moving about inside!

Take a look at the photos! :D

Picture7-1.png

Picture6-1.png

I know they are hard to see but in the second picture you can see the eye! :D woo!

That lil feller couldnt be in better hands:D
And thats a good ride into a dream job Sharkie.I cant wait to see you on the Discovery Channel.:D hosting your own show.

aww thanks yote! I am SOOOOO ready to be on discovery channel! LOL its one of my favorite things to watch when we had tv :)

Thats really awesome sharky! I love the pictures. I have never followed anyone raising a bamboo shark from egg case. this will be exciting.

I'm thinking around 2-3 weeks left! the placenta is about the size of a baby marble now and i'm getting a hatching tank set up as we speak (that means i've got 2 new tanks to take care of LOL). and because i dont wanna miss the birth of this lil guy i'm gonna put him on my webcam at night so i can record the whole thing on my mac. then if it doesn't hatch i'll just delete the videos... I'm excited though! hes been wrigglin' in a few spots I think he may be going to use to break out with :D

hmm make that three tanks! lol. my aunt just asked me if i would help her start a reef tank next weekend.... lets see if i can keep my hatching, contest, aunts and display tank all going xD

sharkie, ltljoker and i bought a banded cat shark egg at our lfs and while we were taking it home it hatched even thought the owner said it would be a week or so b4 it hatched and the hatching happens quick

Back