Sharkies 20 Reef Gang Tank

Sharkie

The Damsel Defender
Just finally got some pictures of my tank :)

n617807227_2052457_6926.jpg

n617807227_2052454_6176.jpg

n617807227_2052456_6685.jpg

n617807227_2052455_6449.jpg

this is Swimmy :) he is so cute and tiny! about 1inch big :)

there will be more later on, I am hoping to be getting some clownfish soon here and there are a ton of random lil clams, crabs, and brittle stars among the rocks but couldn't get any pics of them yet.

I want it to kinda be all... Finding Nemo like. No, I'm not naming my clowns nemo or marlin, doesn't everyone name theirs that? LOL I do however have some creative names planned out :)

Thats a pretty tank.But you need to add a little water:D That way you stop that splashing you got happening and it'll cut down on the salt creep.

I don't see Flounder or Sebastian lol. j/k
Tank looks good! I like the planted look, don't see that too often.
BTW welcome to Living Reefs!

yea, i have one more damsel coming today so i figured i'd top it off when he arrives :) that way i can float him for a bit without overflowing the tank lol the LFS around here give us HUUUUGE bags for lil tiny fish :)

but thanks for the tip! i've been scrubbing the creep off with a toothbrush lol

edit: lol, no, no little mermaid characters yet either LOL. although I can say she is what inspired me way back when I was a tot, in fact, i still have TLM posters on my wall :D

and thanks! at the aquarium where i work there is lots of plants and i love how it just gives it a more... alive/sea bed look :) I live where everything is kelp and rockfish so to try to incorperate that with the tropical was part of my plan :)

Last edited:
I actually had a pair of clowns named Nemo and Merlin.Thats what happens when you let the kids name your fish:D

haha, well it sorta has a nemo-ish name but... better ;D I am going to wait to reveal it though until I have him swimming around in my tank :)

I got some new damsels yesterday so i'll be posting pics of them ANNNND the brittle star i found this morning while doing my daily checks! :D

I would remove that 3 stripe damsel fish you have in there. They are super aggressive and will give you a hard time...

One of those bastards made me remove all of my rocks just to catch it.

Yeah those are tough to catch. Though not as tough as catching a brilliant maroon clown that knows you're after him ;)

really? my 2 actually seem to be fairly easy to catch. they swim right into the net whenever i put it in there and my bigger damsel is almost 2inches big. the little blue damsel i have and the larger striped one seem to be buddies lol they keep me amused... but i've heard they are really aggressive so when my clownfish come in (they are on order!! :D yay!) the LFS offered to let me try them together and if they dont work out then i can move my damsels to my hospital tank and bring them to her for store credit :)

So here is some more pictures of my babies :)

I do have a question though, Timmy (the blue damsel:sfish: my sister named him because she says she "Picktim" ((picked him)) lol.) is very very bright blue for the most part but right after feeding he gets really dark and almost black, he then stops hiding and lays on the bottom of the tank in front of his favorite hiding spot but is not scared of me at all... In about an hour his color returns and breathing goes back to normal, i checked all the levels and everything is okay and he seems to do great afterwords but can fish have allergic reactions to food? I feed them a flake, brine shrimp, and some seaweed from the LFS that he gobbled up when I was watching him before he was purchased... any ideas as to whats going on? this is what he looks like:
IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3736.jpg

Timmy (normal colored) and Swimmy :)

IMG_3743.jpg

This is my larger damsel, he is about 1 1/2 - 2 inches tall... he seems to be the most scared fish i have in there right now lol. Swimmy who is only an 1inch if even that rules the roost lol

IMG_3740.jpg

Fo-Dory :) lol since I can't have a real tang just yet with my tank size my sister brought me home a "fake dory" :) she likes to hide in the coral and seems to forget that she is bigger than swimmy.. lol

IMG_3730.jpg

one of the brittle stars :)

IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

and this little creature i have no clue what it is, but i found him dead this morning D: it looks like swimmy ate him. is he a good or bad critter?

lol looking on my rocks is like christmas everyday!!

I have found some what appears to be red feather tube critters and they are beautiful, but my camera died again so i will take pics when I can and post to make sure :)

i seriously find more and more each time i sit and watch my tank, today i discovered the red guys, 2 more brittle stars (totaling 3 now), another sea squirt (what exactly do they do?), another clam about the size of a pea (now 2 clams), and a few fuzzy crabs that will grow up for a bit and then be taken to the LFS for credit :)

Back