Shaving Brush Plants

Washburn82

Reefing newb
Was going to order a few of these to place directly into my tank. I like the look of them, also they remove nutrients from the water. Was wondering if anyone uses or has used these before, and their opinion on them. Since i dont have a sump i wanted some type of benificial algae that was aesthetically appealing as well.

shaving_brush1.jpg

I acutally got 3 of these awhile ago. I forgot to update. They are great. They look good, they grow like crazy and do their job. My nitrates have reduced quite a bit since i put them in. Not sure if it was them or not. But i like them regardless. :)

Thanks Marcah,

Hopefully I'll find they are available in Australia. I'll take the live aquaria page to come LFSs:helm2: and get them working on it.

Here you go Wonton, my devils hand is doing its limp thing in the background. they are so weird. The 3rd one was pretty rough looking when i got it. I threw it out. They were about 1/2 the size when i got them maybe a month ago.

IMG_20120210_174558.jpg

Same. I'm inspired by that one guy on youtube with the mantis in his 55g 'refugium'. Would be nice to have a planted saltwater tank with some non reef safe fish and larger invertebrates, some rock, different kinds of macros and nonphotosynthetic anemones.

i am glad i found this article i am interested in possibly getting one of these or a maidens hair? what kinda fish u keep with them?

They are really cool looking, in my tank Jake i have 2 clowns, a red banded goby and a mandarin. My fish leave it alone, i read most fish will even tangs. I notice my hermit crabs climbing it quite often then fall off when they get to the top. They dont appear to be bothering it though.

i think i wanna put some in my tank and i really like the look of yours in your pictures. have you had any experiences with the maidens hair ones?

yes i'm definitely going to be getting some of those. i am doing black sand so i think it will really stand out as well.

Back