shihtzu217's 55gal

shihtzu217

Reefing newb
Just got a few new corals thought I would showcase them. Tank is still a work in progress, would like to clean it up a little soon and get rid of all the appliances and change over to a refugium setup. For now this is what I have.

Startup
clothing021.jpg

Clowns
DSC_0057.jpg

Allens damsel
clothing051.jpg

Mandarin
clothing058.jpg

I'm going to my first frag swap in February. I can't wait! Here is what I have reserved so far. I'm so excited to finally start adding more color to the tank.

Digi (also getting it in green) $10 each

granny Smiths 5 head $10

DSC03437.jpg

Little girl blue eyes 20 head $25

I'm told this is the largest swap in the state so I'm very excited and yet, intimidated too. skipped a couple other swaps in the Fall because I wanted to have the tank a little older. My tank will be 8 months in February so hopefully ready enough to add everything safely. If all goes well I will add a couple of the pricey fish I'm wanting in March or April.

I especially liked your aquascaping. pics of animals looking very nice. your system is very nice, I look forward to future updates as your system matures.

I've ordered more for the frag swap.

$10
greenshroom.jpg

5 heads for $5
eagleeyes-2.jpg

still shopping......really hoping for more pinks and blue in color. Anybody see anything I shouldn't be getting? Don't want to kill anything. Also, adding all these extra corals is definately going to increase my need for feeding. What do you recommend for feeding? I add only phytoplankton and occasionally Cyclopeze now and powdered calcium. When I go to the frag swap I am planning to go to the states #1 Saltwater store and stock up on foods as well so tell me what I need to be doing? The pickling lime thing confuses the hell out of me do I need to do that?

Those are great looking corals.
90% of your corals food will come from your light.But it dont hurt to feed a little phyto ever now and then.Just dont over do it.I usually just dose phyto about once a week along with either cyclops or rotifers(frozen of course).
You dont HAVE to use pickling lime.Its basically just to maintain calcium and alkalinity.Although it does help keep doseing down.But that can be done through water changes to.

Back