shorted heater

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by mariobrothersleeve, Feb 22, 2013.

1. mariobrothersleeve

mariobrothersleeve squirrel

So i have a couple of koi ponds...... I leave em outside all year,yes in wisconsin, and my heater tanked on me and tripped out my gfci. This killed the filter pump and air pump to keep a hole in the ice. Aint nothing like 10pm and the neighbors looks trying to break a hole in the 6in layer of ice! All in all were good to go no issues with filter freeing. My daughter got her skates out to play on the ice! Thanks for the help jaelle.......

mariobrothersleeve, Feb 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. mariobrothersleeve

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Awesome :D I've always wanted a koi pond. Is the problem with it icing over just the oxygen problems?

wontonflip, Feb 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. mariobrothersleeve

mariobrothersleeve squirrel

Exactly. I am overstocked in winter due to city ponders who dry up over winter. Its amazing i dont feed from october to early april, above 50 degrees. I use to store in the basement but my wife hated the smell and pounds of fish to gallons of water were 50/50. Fyi, algae still grows in winter...... Damnit!

mariobrothersleeve, Feb 22, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question