Should I be concerned about this?

Henrique1

Reefing newb
Hi everybody, I have a Tail Spot Blenny, he is eating well, swimming normal, picking food on the rocks and seems fine with the exception of his stomach area. It has some lumps or something on his stomach all the time. Here is a picture, hope somebody can tell me if its normal or not. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 429
I think those are the outlines of his organs. He might be a little thin. Did you just get him recently? Whenever I get new fish (especially tangs) they have those bumps and then within a few weeks they'll fatten up and those bumps should disappear.

He has been in the tank for about 3 months. Im feeding ones a day. I have 2 clowns, 1 royal gramma, 1 blenny and 1 Goby. All small. I only feed them Brine shrimp and algae. Thanks.

Brine shrimp isn't very nutritious, unless it's enriched brine shrimp. There are a lot of different foods such as mysis or Rod's food.

Sounds like you're covered and on your way to a fatter fish. I personally like mysis, Formula 1/2 (depending on carnivore or herbivore) and Marine Cuisine for my fish; and I actually use Formula Two for my Malawi tank.

Back