Should I be happy or scared!

holidayrj

Reefing newb
I've recently found some new creatures living in my supstrate. Two seperate things. One looks like a small centipede or something. It's about 10mm long with each end being a redish color, and the middle a dark grey or black. I have quite a few of these that I can see at the glass in the substrate

The other creature I see also living in the substrate is about 1-2mm long, and like a frosty clear. They look like ammebas or something. But there are alot of these things swimming around in there too.

I have no idea what either of these are, and don't know if I should be glad :grin: to see them, or in a frantic battle:fechten2: against the invaders!! please help!!!

:bye2:

1- tank a nylon and put a small piece of bait in it just before lights out. take it out in the morning. the fire worms and bristle worms get hung up in the nylon and when you remove it out come the worms too. do not put too much bait in and dont forget to take out. use an unscented, or impregnated nylon for this trick. this will help with the bristle worm/fireworm problem which ever it is.

2-add a six line wrasse to help control the natural food. you did not say what else was in your system. make sure the six line is compatible with other habitants.

you do not have to get um all out but just to control um if it bothers you, dont worry if they do not cause any damage as they will help keep the substrait mixed/stirred. but if you see um on corals etc. the above might help keep um in check. (the worms that is).

Last edited:
Back