should i leave my anemone alone

Gogita88

Reefing newb
hello everyone. We just got a green bubble anemone. My lfs told me to just go home and lay it anywhere well some where safe. So i did but this mourning i found it in the back of the live rock tores the back of the tank . So my question is should i leave it or? also wen i saw it at the store it was small. And wen i put it in my tank it got big .real big . Thanks for any advise. Please feel free to ask my anything

It's fine, it moved to the spot on your rock because it likes it there. If you move it now, it will probably just move itself again till it's happy again.

From what I know about anenomes, bubble tips especially is that they like to be in their cozy little spaces. As long as it doesnt have a huge gaping mouth, and its not pale I would say you are fine and needs some time to get used to the new surroundings.
He just moved in for heavens sake the neighbors scare him!

+1 Brian. Nems will move around your tank to find a spot they like. There is no guarantee that he will stay where he is now either. Just watch him, make sure he doesn't get too close to any power heads, and you should be fine.

Also, they inflate themselves with water, which is what you are seeing now. A good, healthy, happy Anemone should be inflated most of the time.

With all creatures you need to slow acclimate them to your tank's water conditions, not just the temperature. So next time, float to acclimate to the tank temperature, then slowly add a little bit of your tank's water to the bag over the course of an hour or two. Then place the creature in your tank.

Even little changes in salinity, pH, temp etc can be dangerous to a creature.

sad sad day.lol my anemone finally found its cozy little spot ..., just not in the front of the tank.lol hes in the back.. I could barely see him.:grumble: i could still feed him so ill just let him be. And hope he comes out .

Back