Show us your best deal on coral (W/ PICS) from your LFS or other vendor!!!

breebauer

Reefing newb
I'm curious on coral deals in different parts of the country, so I'm starting this thread.

Please:

1. Show us a PICTURE of your coral that you bought.

2. The 'great deal' has to be a coral that you PAID FOR, or part of a paid purchase (I know we all like freebies...I started another show off thread for freebies, POST YOUR FREEBIES HERE: https://www.livingreefs.com/forums/reef-talk/11620-show-us-your-freebies-pics-please.html#post105358

3. Tell us how much... If it was part of a puchase, tell us... or better yet, try to show us the whole purchase with price breakdowns.

4. Tell us where, which city/town you (or your LFS) is located, it's not necessary to name any vendors or LFS's. If you bought the piece online, just say 'online' in your post.

(Moderators: I'm not sure if this is against the rules of this forum, and I didn't intend to break any rules... if anything in this post does, please feel free to edit it as necessary, thanks! I just thought it would be fun to comapre prices and pics!)

Here's my $5 green ric.....
DSCN2046.jpg

not my favorite, but....
$20 from my LFS in NY:

tank021.jpg

It's apparently healthy...

11-23-07019.jpg

It's my green blob, a good deal, but I still don't like it...

Here's my lil 10 dollar clam.
GreenSlimer.jpg

I cant complain about the deals I get at my LFS.I get a 15% discount right off the top.Then I get another 20% because I help them out when ever I can.
Getting paid in fish and coral aint half bad.

My store doesn't have any $7.99 frags!!! Thats's pretty cool.

And they certainly don't have any $10 clams, either. One store had them for $60. :-?

Just a side note; I went to Bora Bora a few years back, and then to an island called Manihi that's north of there. Those clams were ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!! They're in lagoons everywhere as far as you can see. And they were all HUGE! The smallest one was the size of my forearm. I don't know if that's normal, but everything there was ridiculously big, even the fish. I remember looking out from the deck where I was staying and seeing all of those clams everywhere and trying to calculate how much they would cost in New York. I can't even afford one the size of my thumb.

Last edited:
Back