Shrimp Question

ErYn

Reefing newb
i have a shrimp (i think its a scarlett shrimp??-it has red & white stripes) anyway i've had it for a while now, its gotten a lot bigger.. it used to go all over the tank, but now it just kinda sits in one spot and is kinda upside down, and moves only his little legs really fast.. the only time he'll move off that rock is when i feed, then he'll swim around and eat..-and steal food off my carpet aneome-which i have already told my shrimp to stay OFF that aneome because he is very grumpy and he might become lunch himself!- so is this behavior normal?? i'm just curious because this behavior has just recently started?? oh by the way i thought he was just molting (?) but he has been doing this for about a good 3 or 4 weeks solid with out any action... any insight would be great!! :mrgreen:

watch closely, if the animals seem to be eating something that cant be seen it is shrimp eggs, or, check your iodine levels and make sure it is adequate. my shrimp would act just like that prior to spauning. so just keep a good eye and check water parameters. suspect this is a natural action. For now just keep an eye on um and keep us posted what you observed. Shrimp carry their eggs on the under side at the bellie and they fan them. hope this helps.

thank you, that makes a lot of sense.. i figured it would probably be normal, but i thought i'd ask anyway.. i'll keep ya posted :goldfish:

Back