Shrooms Shriveling

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
My green mushrooms are shriveled all day. My purple, red and candy stripe shrooms are fine as is everything else in my tank. Why? Could the GPS be causing this? New lighting?

shroom1.jpg

shroom2.jpg

shroom3.jpg

Lighting would be my guess. I had green stripe and purple mushrooms and both seemed happier in a little shade.

HELP! All the green mushrooms in my 20G long are looking really bad. Its not easy to watch as 20 of them die off.

I am beginning to think the light has nothing to do with the mushrooms shriveling. I've had a screen over the mushrooms (cutting out at least half the light) for two days and they actually look worse.

I had a biocube with green mushrooms spreading across and it seemed after I put the Green Star Polyps in is when the mushrooms started to shrivel and die. ALL my mushrooms died off in that tank and now it seems the same thing is happening in my 20G long. The GPS and the mushrooms are at different ends of the tank but then my 20G Long is not that big to begin with. Anybody seen GPSs kill off mushrooms like this?

I've only seen it when they where in very close proximity or touching. Across the tank as you described doesn't seem like the culprit. I have always had better success with my shrooms in lower lit areas. I know how frustrating it is when you can't figure out what is going on.

Ok so after discussing with some of my local reefers, I got this figured. Its always tough to find the root of a problem when you got multiple causes. It is the light but I also found that my salinity is at 1.031 ! I promptly took the hydrometer that gave me a bad reading and smashed it on a wall. Multiple stress factors.

Back