Sick blenny

U4BOYZ

Got Fish?
I'm posting a photo of my blenny...I fear it's dying. It has very labored breathing...and its developed this terrible spot on one of its sides. Does anyone know what's wrong with it? Thanks.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5643.jpg
    IMG_5643.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 693
Could one of your other fish have bitten it? It kinda looks too clean to be a bite. Knucklehead may be onto something about it being stung.

Thanks for the feedback. It does look like a burn...but I have no heating element in the tank. The only thing that I could have possible stung it would be anemones...but very doubtful as I've never seen it around them to speak of. I've never seen anything picking at it either. I noticed labored breathing a couple of days ago...then it stopped eating...then yesterday I noticed this spot. Makes me think it's some type of infection. I only had it a month. It died last night. Are blennys prone to infection? Should I get another one? Thanks.

Blennies are usually very hardy fish and not prone to disease. Sorry to hear it died. You can try another one, this does look like some sort of freak incident.

Back