Sick bubble tip (What do I do?)

JohnnyDanger

Reefing newb
Just picked this guy up from the LFS after he sat in their tanks for over a month.. He's been in the tank for 3 days now and the clowns are already starting to host him.. His color is totally bleached out from sitting at the fish store for so long.. What can I do to bring him back to full health?? I'm including a video of him.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

View My Video

Other than getting him under decent lights and spot feeding him occasionally I dont know what else can be done. If it is that bleached, its possible that it won't recover. I'm sure someone with more experience with them will chime in

I would not try and feed it if it is that stressed. It will likely throw it up, and cause even more stress. Leave it alone, and test your parameters.

If he lets go of the rock he is on I would take him out ASAP.

Try and keep your params as pristine as possible.

That BTA is severely bleached, but it's not so far gone that it can't be brought back.

Feed it small amounts of frozen mysis every other day. It's got to get nutrients from somewhere and it can't do that with being bleached. Once it started coloring back up, just cutting back on the feedings.

Just thaw some mysis with some tank water and use a turkey baster to spot feed near its mouth, depending on your water flow you may want to kill the powerheads for a couple mins while you get some shrimp his way.

I also would use mysis once brought back I like to feed my BTA and LTA shrimp I get from a local grocery store.. Just a piece or two every once and awhile..
here is a quick pic of the LTA I feed.. about 17 inches across...
101.jpg

Okay ill head to the LFS now and pick some up along with a turkey baster.. I use all frozen food along with large copepods.. I'll start adding mysis into the buffet..

See if you can find something like Rod's food. Its much better because its a blend of many different foods and will give your fish and nem the best nutrition. Variety is the spice of life and key to good nutrition!

Okay so I bought a turkey baster and good quality Mysis shrimp.. I turned off my pumps/power heads and puffed out some shrimp on the anemone and he really didn't do much.. My cleaner shrimp just swam over and ate up the shrimp sitting in his tentacles.. Now what?

I would try to cover the nem when you feed it so that it has a chance to eat the food. A two liter soda bottle works well for this if the nem is not too large. Just cut it about halfway. You can then place it over the nem. and use the top of the two liter to squirt food its way

For some reason my anenome never took to mysis shrimp really. The big thing is don't let it die in there or it turns into a nuke.

Back