sick clown...?

cgoodman381

can i put whtever i want?
sickclown.jpg

My clown has some discoloration on her white bands. There are more tannish patches on her. The pic was the best quality i could grab, its hard cause shes shy, heh. The only thing i found online was possibly some sort of mucas disease? Anything you guys have seen before?

The only other thing i could think of is the fact that she is shy and when i come up on her she darts away pretty quick and could be scraping?

completely forgot to add some important info!

She ate extremely well tonight. And iv been giving her garlic with her food.
Ph has been staying constant at 8.2
nitrite-0ppm
nitrate-about 3ppm
phosphate- about 0.5

i've seen some pretty healthy clowns with some strange spots and discoloration before. i dont know if it's normal or something to be concerned about. You would kinda think though that if it was sick it act strange or would not eat well. how old or how big is the fish? reason i ask is all the clowns i've seen with discoloration or spots seem like there the larger clowns and look like they've been around for awhile.

Shes definetly a little larger. Iv only had her for about 2 weeks or so. It was kind of gradual, over about 2 days or so.

She definetly eats well, so ill probably just keep a close eye.

as long as she is eating

I had her paired with a male. He ate one night, next morning dead. It was the strangest thing. Seemed ok, looked ok, but died =\ im just worried about my girl, but its been over a week and shes doing ok except for the coloring.

Keep doing what you are doing....feeding foods(preferably frozen) soaked in garlic and vitamins.When I see a fish like that my first guess is stress-poor nutrition,poor environments,collection.Hopefully it will make it through whatever it maybe.

Keep doing what you are doing....feeding foods(preferably frozen) soaked in garlic and vitamins.When I see a fish like that my first guess is stress-poor nutrition,poor environments,collection.Hopefully it will make it through whatever it maybe.

Yea I give her a mix of garlic soaked mysis/brine w/algae

Back