silicone for my sump

Doc

I don't work for anybody
I need to buy some silicone from the home depot that is safe for my sump. I want to put in baffles after all. Ideas? name brands, content? help me out. I am making my sump tomorrow. Thanks in advance

-Doc

As long as its 100% silicone with no anti-fungal additives its good to go!

EDIT: You know Doc its kind of nice and refreshing to also be able to help a member of the Council of Knowledge from time to time! Thanks for letting us supernoobs help with your projects! Really!

As long as its 100% silicone with no anti-fungal additives its good to go!

EDIT: You know Doc its kind of nice and refreshing to also be able to help a member of the Council of Knowledge from time to time! Thanks for letting us supernoobs help with your projects! Really!

HA! I am far from a member of any Council of Knowledge. That was really flattering. I am such a noob myself. I learn something everyday about this hobby. I just know a bit here and there. I know NOTHING about DIY projects. But, for what it is worth, you are welcome? LOL.

I will check of 100% silicone tomorrow.

-Doc

Wow, I can answer this question! Ryan is right. Home Depot will carry 50 brands of silicone. Any of the 100% silicone that are not antimicrobial are fine. They also sell tubes of "Aquarium Silicone" for 10 times the price, but it's exactly the same.

I in general use DAP brand 100% silicone Rubber Sealant. About $2.50 per tube at HomeDepot in Alaska. Avoid with out reading any further on th tube any caulking that says bath room and kitchen caulking as they always has mildewcides in them.

Back