silicone stains

knuckles519

Reefing newb
Juwel rio 180 had a 3d backround on..remooved it and used a razor blade to remoove silicone...there is no silicone left but there is these sort of stains u can see on the glass iv tried using silicone remoover no joy and tried using new razor blades no joy...any ideas? The marks can be felt with my finger but just wont go need them gone as im using the back as the front of my tank now as the front was badly scratched ..thanks

Ok have u ever tried acetone? I see on the net people use it ..hope I can get the matks off the tank cost me 140 if I get these silicone marks off itl b in mint condition aint one scratch onit!

I got methylane spirits aparebtly its the same as denature alcohol...didnt work...really frustrating I just want the bloody marks gone its like there apart of the glass now...gutted

I couldn't tell you. We use the alcohol at work for caulk and silicone. Maybe try gasoline or diesel. Petro would probably work better, BUT after you're done, you would HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO clean it with bleach first, then vinegar and rinse until there's no smell anywhere from any of those.

Be careful to keep gas away from the seams of the tank, it can eat it away and also soak in and leach into your water.

Yh ill try petrol got a little bit in a jerry can in the van just filled it up a little hoping the marks wudnt b notocable but the are so hope I get them out..cheers will keep updated

Back