Silly Cycling Question

There are many forms of ammonia and subsequently many forms of oxidisers for these.
The differences are extremely slight, but they are still there and part of the natural cycle of death to a elements and gas.
That’s what matured bio filtering is all about, establishing an array of aerobic oxidisers and anaerobic reduces, separators and a diverse protist community!
The best way to do this quickly and correctly is to add dead tissue and excretions of varying types to establish this system.
For coral mucus and crabs waste etc, etc there are bacterias, protists and algae, all tissue or waste have these to cope with them and especially their own signature bacteria with in the many bacterium to convert these all the way to pure nitrogen and expose metals, phosphorus and orthophosphate at the end as well.
Then what does not go into the air or converted in bio sinks, algae consumes it and on goes the cycle.
I use marinara for its varied tissue along with other forms of tissue as well to establish a robust bio community quickly to cope and keep my reef life healthy.

I'm not gonna bother, I tested for Amm. today and to my surprise the cycle has started. Amm. .50, Nitrite .25, Nitrate 0. My Phosphate is a bit high at .62, Calc. 420, Dkh 8, SG is 1.023. So i'm on my way. I think a couple of weeks then I'll Seed the tank with some other live rock. Then I'll look for a Yellow Tang

Back