Silly Question... But important!

emily120289

Reefing newb
Ok.. Dont laugh at me ok? lol.. WELL! when I set up my 37G I had no intentions of utilizing a sump.. since I have a Aqua C Remora HOB protein Skimmer etc. So I placed the tank where I thought that it would look best in my dining room and where it was totally visible (the first thing you see when you walk into my house).. Not using my noodle, I placed the tank stand right next to my central air vent! :( ... So now that winter has finally arrived in the Northeast.. Ive had to turn my heat lol.. (DUH!! Stupid stupid stupid! lol..), and now it blows right through the back of my tank stand where my sump WILL be.. lol.. My concern is, that this central air heating vent is going to affect my tank/sump water temp.. Is there ANYWAY possible to build some sort of backing to the tank stand to prevent the heat from coming in? and possibly utilize a few small fans under the sump? Or should I just break down and move the tank :( thanks in advance.

Hmmmmm, is there a way to deflect or redirect the airflow from the vent? .... something like this.
$T2eC16ZHJIQE9qUHuEnPBQmHtnkg%21Q%7E%7E60_3.JPG

I decided to break the 37g down.. wasnt too bad took me about 2 hours or so.. I moved it closer to an outlet as well.. Easier to mount all my cords etc. without having to run a small extension. I dont have corals yet so it was just a bunch of water and LR.. I wanted to re do the aquascaping as well.. I will post pictures once the water clears a bit and the lights are on.. The tank wont go through a small cycle from breaking it down right? I put the water and LR into rubbermaids with a few maxijet pumps I had, and heaters a 100w heater in each ..

I have moved tanks across the room before as long as you dont stir up the sand you should be ok. I keep Prime around just encase of a spike, I dont really know for sure how much it helps but it is suppose to detox ammonia and such when used in the tank. A few years ago when I changed my sand I used it and didnt lose anything, Not sure if it worked or I got lucky but figured it couldnt hurt at the time.

Back