simple zoo med bulbs good enough for low light corals?

Solarfall

Totally Gnar
I work at a Petco and we don't have MH or advanced LED lighting systems or anything like that. We just have these zoo-med (a mainly reptile company by the way) bulbs called reef sun/coral sun/ocean sun etc that fit into a normal hood light fixture. Now I know this would never suffice for hard corals or SPS corals or anything, but could I maybe get a leather or shroom or something to survive with these? The boxes don't give me a whole lot of information because I have no idea how to read those spectrum chart things. But I know the one says "actinic 50/50" which I'm pretty sure is good, and they advertise being "Ideal for reef tanks". But I havn't been able to find any information on these bulbs other than advertising on the internet. Here's a link:
Search Results: Products

If any of these will be good enough let me know.

If this is for your 55, maybe if you lined the top of your tank with about 6 of them you would be OK for some soft corals, otherwise, no chance.

Yeah, those are only ideal for the kind of "reef tanks" that don't contain any corals.

Lol yeah I figured, it was worth a shot at asking though. It's just that we have a really healthy beautiful leather at the store right now that I wanted really bad.

So I guess even if I stacked up a mountain of rock and positioned the leather inches from the light it would still be screwed?

Back