Since I can't see the Ocean from my office I brought it to my office ;)

Looks good! A nice small fish would be a clown goby, and there are lots of cool shrimp for that sized tank. Your tank might be a little small for any starfish though

Thanks, the more research I do about star fish the more I think I will stay away from them for now ;) I am thinking clown goby and shrimp would make a nice pair.

Wow, that looks awesome, jealous! Haha

Thanks a lot

Looks good. I'm loving the comic related stuff. I have a rather large comic collection myself.

Awesome, Ya I am pretty lucky I have some very cool graphics and comic related stuff (& lots of other random cool stuff like the Raven & blown glass) :mrgreen:

Thanks all for the kind words about the tank.

Chris

looks great and I am really thinking about getting a little pico for my desk.. think that might have made me have to do it ... :grumble:

looks great and I am really thinking about getting a little pico for my desk.. think that might have made me have to do it ... :grumble:

go for it you will love it :)

Well the tank is defiantly cycling here are my water test results for the last three days.

7-24
Ph 8.2
Ammonia .50
Nitrite 1.0
Nitrate 160

7-25
ph 8.2
Ammonia .25
Nitrite 1.0
nitrate 160

7-26
ph 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 1.0
Nitrate 80

Ammonia is down to zero and the Nitrates are dropping. I am doing some research to find out what the ideal parameters should be. Also today I noticed there is a pretty good amount of brown algae is building up on the sand and rocks.

I have a question for everyone, next week the 3rd I will be going out of town for a week, I really dont want to add any critters to the tank until I get home, but I am wondering if the tank will get out of control with algae? If I get some snails would they be ok in the tank for the week? Just want to make sure I make the right decision with this little tank.

Thanks

Chris

I'd wait until you get back to add any livestock to it...that way you know for sure that your cycle had completed. Just keep your lights off while you're gone, so the algae won't grow.

I'd wait until you get back to add any livestock to it...that way you know for sure that your cycle had completed. Just keep your lights off while you're gone, so the algae won't grow.

Awesome & I have had the lights on 24/7 to help the tank cycle, but they will be turned off now during the night and I will leave them off when I am out of town.

+1 Smitty

The brown stuff is diatoms, and as long as you arent using tap water they should go away on their own. They are very common at the end of your cycle.

Thanks so much and I will def follow ya'lls advice ;)

I am not using tap water, it's reversed osmosis water from the LFS.

Thank you both for following this thread (my journey) and offering all the help.

Chris

Back