Site crash....

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
Dunno if it's just me (But I think a couple of other people experienced it too), but I noticed the site being inaccessible a few times over the last few days....the last time was in chat last night, and we all got booted. Thought it was just me, but when I finally got back in, others said it crashed.

It's happened to me a couple times this week, too. I just leave it for a little bit (like an hour or so) and usually by the time I check back it's fine.

it was back pretty quick but odd things like "you are being forwarded to your post" pages were coming up, is nice and blazing fast now

When it happened 3 nights ago, the site was back on within minutes. Is it taking a long time to come back for you guys?

When a site doesn't come up for me right away (like I get an "oops, google chrome can't find your page" message) I try it again right away and if it still doesn't come up I wait like an hour or two before I come back... but it's always been back up by then.

How long was it down for guys? I've got a script that should kick the server back in to life if something fails - but it all looks ok from what I can tell? :)

Thanks, I'll have a look through the server logs tomorrow and see if I can spot anything that the monitoring has missed!

If this happens again, can you let me know the approx time it happens at and I'll be able to look in more depth at the logs (rather than using them after they've been parsed). :)

It wasn't really too bad, Ian....just a few mins at a time...but you know how obsessive we...I mean...I am :) I bet now that you're paying attention, it won't happen again! :shock:

lol :lol:

I had a look at the logs and couldn't see any major crash, I think it was just an "IIS hang" that came back online pretty fast - as the server monitoring didn't pick anything up on the 5 minute interval check.

Then change the setting to 1 minute!!!!! We need access 24/7 no delays:mrgreen:
J/K

Want to say thanks for keeping this site running :cheers:

You normally don't want the check set to 1 minute, you would end up maxing out your HD's in a relatively short period of time. Now if this was a hospital situation, yes you want the checks in a short period of time, but not for a forum board. Sorry, not only am I a network admin, but a sys admin as well.

Back