Six Line Wrasse Shark

kevvin27

Reefing newb
I just got home from work today to see my sixline harrassing 1 of my green chromis'. The other 2 were out of sight. I've had the chromis' for a couple weeks now and have never seen my six line chase anything ever but now he goes after the chromis' like a shark. I didn't even think that six line wrasses were agressive in the first place. Any suggestions? Don't tell me I have another blue damsel situation. Thanks

It's usually better to add the sixline last after all the other fish have established themselves in the tank. Also, it's possible that changing your aquascape a little may help to subside some of his agressiveness

+1 BL1....time for a timeout for that guy! Do it before he kills any fish. Some isolation in a qt or sump for a couple of days.

+1 all the above.
Sixlines are one of those fish thats either gonna be a little angel or a hellyon.

I'm always hearing about evil 6 lines.Mine is an angel.He was one of my 1st fish.I have heard of a trick with a mirror that is used for tangs,but it may work in your situation also.Place a small mirror in your tank(like a shaving mirror),your 6 line may notice another 6 line in there(his own reflection)and be more set on bothering it then your other fish.I know this has worked for people with problem tangs.......Or you can just get some triggers to put him in line,maybe thats why mine is so nice:D

I really want this six line i saw at my LFS. It was so small. But i have a tiny blue damsel that was my first fish....think they will be okay together?

Well i jus read in another thread that my madarian will starve so i cant get him....its weird i thought my tank was average size till i joined here and everyone has a 100g tank or bigger.

If your mandarin is only eating live foods (as you said it is), then the sixline will be much better at eating those live foods before the mandarin gets a chance. Wait until your mandarin is eating frozen -- and then get the sixline. They will be fine together as long as they aren't competing for food. The mandarin will lose in that match up.

Back