Six line wrasse with an exquisite fairy wrasse?

I definitely would NOT put a fairy wrasse and six line together. Six lines are aggressive and don't play very well with any fairy or flasher wrasse...

Six line wrasses are aggressive and territorial fish

I had a small sixline and a large male red velvet fairy living together quite happily for six months. I then added 3 more fairies - two 3-4" males and one 2" female. The sixline bullied the female but otherwise didn't pay any attention to the males. I think you can mix fairies with sixlines, but I would only do it with large male fairies. How big is your sixline? Also, some fairies are more aggressive than others - which fairies are you thinking of?

Maybe I'll think of getting rid of my six line in favor of the exquisite fairy wrasse. They are prettier. Although all I have seen in my LFS, are the females.

Trying to think if there is anything else in my tank that would bother it like my YT?
I don't think my kole is going to make it. I keep hoping and praying, but I am not counting on it.

I have a Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse (male initial) and a Sixline together. They do just fine. The 6-line, if anything, is the weakest fish in the tank and most skiddish. My yellow watchman goby is the boss of the tank for sure. If either of the other fish approach the bottom of the tank he opens his mouth super wide and chases them the hell out of there. It's comical.

The flasher and sixline swim together, though...and seem to like each other just fine. They eat together as well but the flasher is definitely higher in the pecking order.

I have been considering adding an ORA Maroon goldstripe or goldflake maroon, too as the final fish....but I haven't decided yes or no yet.

Has anyone had the six line and female fairy wrasse start out rough and improve?

I am skittish after my experience between starry blenny and my kole tang. I know you can only be sure of so much and the rest is a crap shoot, although a reasonably educated one.

You know, the female fairy I had was a weak fish and developed swim bladder problems very shortly after arriving. She was initially bullied by my black-cap basslet (he'd dive bomb her on the sand), and then the sixline started in on her after I put the basslet in time-out. He may have been okay with her had she been healthy and strong to start with. How big is your sixline compared to the size of the wrasses at the store?

My six line is about 2 1/2" compared to exquisite fairy wrasse at 3". Not enough difference in size. Six line could go to the frag tank. I really like the fairy wrasses.

I wouldn't just get one, I would get a male and a couple females so u can really enjoy their full beauty and courtship displays!

six line are bad mate if you want to do that you would be better off moving the 6line out
all the best shaun

Back