Sixline Wrasse

My sixline has been transfered in the 2 tank moves inside a piece of rock... I couldn't net him because he swam in a hole where I couldn't even see him... I cross my fingers and he eventually comes out, then laid on the rock for a bit and before I knew it he was zipping around again. Please don't dick with him anymore. Ill go ahead and beat this dead horse. As rc said leave him alone.

OK. This may be good news. This morning I woke up to see a thin line or layer of what looks to be a spider web or a clear mucos with some white sand caught in it. Good news?

Also, do I throw the rock out if he's dieing up inside the rock?

my sixline sleeps in a hole in a rock every night. it actually took me quite a while to figure which rock he was in because you can hardly see him. and he also leaves a mucous layer around himself (i think alot of wrasses do) as a protection. So, I think you have a normal sixline.
Mine has turned into a bit of a bully.

A little bit. I'm just very worried....... and that I hurt him.... but I think it's good news to see what's coming out of the hole.

Give it some time... You would be surprised the way fish can hide so you can't see them. He could very well be just fine. Just don't mess with any rocks or anything. I would let it be.

Biff didn't see her mandarin for months. Then outta nowhere it came out!

OK, now it looks like there's a cloud substance up inside the hole. His tail is sticking out and looks a little rough. He hasn't moved. Let me know.

You'd been better off to left him alone.
Wrasses like to hide.The sixline I had actually spent every night in a hole that I would have swore was to small for him.
Fish would put themselves in a hole that cant get out of intentionally.

Back