Skimmer gone stupid

yote

In Memoriam
Ok,heres what I got.
I just set up a Pro-Clear 125 wet/dry on my 55 yesterday(wish I had of done it sooner).Now my coralife super skimmer 65 is filling the collection cup with water.
Ive turned it down to where the bubbles are at the bottom of the cup,but every so often it still fills up and does its best to flood the floor.
What am I doing wrong,or what could have changed to make the skimmer suddenly start doing this?
The thing different is I placed the skimmer in the sump area of the pro-clear.

I dont know what it is yote. Dont fell to bad though yote mine wont suck bubbles in I have took it apart and cleaned then it worked for about 1 min and quite sucking in air again.

The only thing I can think of yote is that the water going into the sump is coming from the surface of the DT where the highest nutrient levels are.Thats only a guest...good luck

Thanks Bobby and Reef.
Bobby,Have you tryed hooking an air pump to your venturi?

Reef
Thats what I thought to at first.But its filling it up with clean water.

But,After slowing down to think about it. Maybe the filter pad is catching all the crap and its not making it to the skimmer yet. I dont know,but we'll geter figured out.

The skimmer has a air line coming from the motor but for some reason it just wont pull it in. I have checked and cleaned the air line but nothing. My only guess is that the mesh on the impeller is dirty and not pulling air in. I guess I take it back apart and re mod it and see if it helps.

That could be your problem Bobby.If the venturi gets any kind of obstruction it will shut off the air flow.The venturi system depends on the suction of the water being forced by it to draw in air.IMO,Thats their biggest drawback.

Gotta take a new pic for yall too,as soon as my wife gets my dang camera back(again).
Traded some xenias for a good looking frag of Purple Tip Acro yesterday.
Helpping out at the LFS sure has its advanages.

sorry to hear that about your skimmer yote..i hope you can solve the prob soon..i upgrade my skimmer by adding a air stone to an air pump into the chamber..i got that idea in live aquaria..and is working super..good trade..looking forward to see those pics..i was in san juan yesterday and saw at a fs some awsome xenias...good luck

matthew1048 said:
LORD!!! Pics of some kid over pics of your tank?!? What is she thinking??? LMAO. Just kidding of course...

Well Mat
I asked her that exact same question.Only I WASNT kidding.:frustrat:

Back