Skimmer Piping

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
Ok so I also posted this question while back about this set up I kept seeing.

I kept seeing a lot of set ups for Skimmers that are in the last chamber of the sump but instead of having the flex pipe hanging down into the chamber with the sponge on the end they pipe it with PVC and have a T-Head at the end with it over the diffuser sponge.

So tonight I finally went and bought the T-Head and made my own with a ball valve because I kept seeing those as well and I see now you can actually control the skimmer by closing it a little. It has the same effect as the adjustment know.

I kind of can raise the bubble height with it without pulling in more water. I just turned the ball valve and it started getting higher as if I turned up the skimmer.

Anyway now with this set up it is so smooth in my sump. it was smotth before but the water coming out of the skimmer is much softer maybe due to the length it travels now and the T-Head basically has the same hole as the original flex pipe. Yes it is 1 inch and not a tiny hole but so far it seems great.

Anyone else use theirs like this or know what is the point besides what I think.

Back