Skimmer Problem

ffm

Reefing newb
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem, and if so what they have done about it. I have an Octopus HOB skimmer for my 65 gal. It will, out of the blue, start to over flow on the air chamber side where the skimmer cup sits. The first time I thought it was that the chamber was dirty so I shut it off and cleaned it all out. Today it happened while I was at work and emptied out enough water on the floor to dry out my sump. I just cleaned out the entire skimmer last weekend, so it was not dirty so I do not get it. Any suggestions??????

Have you added any water conditioners or additives?

Those sometimes make skimmers go crazy.

Also, clean out the air intake. Sometimes those get plugged up with salt

Have you added any water conditioners or additives?

Those sometimes make skimmers go crazy.

Also, clean out the air intake. Sometimes those get plugged up with salt

Nope no additives and I completely disassembled it last week and cleaned everything. Plus it had lots of foam as it bubbled over the edge. Thanks for the the suggestions

Make sure the nipple where the airline attached to the pump is clear of any salt creep. Pull off the airline and jam a paperclip or something in there to check if anything is blocking it.

NDB has both his nipples pierced. I hated it at first, but I've gotten used to it over the years. He had them done a long time ago, like 10 or 15 years ago. At first I couldn't get it out of my head that he was secretly a gay male stripper, but oh well... To each his or her own I guess.

NDB has both his nipples pierced. I hated it at first, but I've gotten used to it over the years. He had them done a long time ago, like 10 or 15 years ago. At first I couldn't get it out of my head that he was secretly a gay male stripper, but oh well... To each his or her own I guess.

THAT'S WHERE I'VE SEEN HIM BEFORE!!!!! :ugh: I mean the nipple piercing place, not the gay stirp club? :shock: I guess neither location really bodes well for me :oops: :lol:

Does he ever have problems with Airport Security? I had a buddy that would have to lift his shirt every time he flew :shock:

THAT'S WHERE I'VE SEEN HIM BEFORE!!!!! :ugh: I mean the nipple piercing place, not the gay stirp club? :shock: I guess neither location really bodes well for me :oops: :lol:

Does he ever have problems with Airport Security? I had a buddy that would have to lift his shirt every time he flew :shock:

Yeah but that was because he is just weird:mrgreen:

I thought I recognized him at Congress Club on 80"s, night on that pole. Hmm.....
Biff are you a secret Lesbian, too? :lol:

WOW this thread went south in a hurry!!! :shock: LOL Almost makes me forget what my problems were to begin with!!

Back