Skimmer repair!

HeyRobi

Reefing newb
Ok I got my new skimmer in the mail today and the clear comartment that collects the foam had the very top edge broken off and some stress cracks where the tube is so I repaired it all using aquarium safe silicone. My question is how long before its safe to put it back into the skimmer? It sets in a hour and cures in 24 but its really not in water so would it matter? Also should I turn the skimmer off since I do not have the foam catcher in? or can I continue breaking it in overnight? and finally to start out how far should it be sticking up 1/4 form the top or from the bottom or half way? I know I will ahve to adjust it but I do not know where to start. Oh and I have the Remora Pro

I would leave it off and let dry for a day.The tank will be fine without it.

How 'com you just didn't return it and get one that wasn't broken?

If your just breaking it in id think it would be ok? Id see what others say, but if its just the collection cup thats waste water anyway? Mine didnt produce any foam for the first week almost anyway...

Was it advertised as broken? If not I would imform them that it arrived broken. I would at leas try and get some of my money back.

Keep the water low in the skimmer then.Skimmers are finicky at first,you don't want saltwater to flood the floor.Its not really doing anything without the cup.

Its up to you.

I was debating getting out of bed and going downstairs to unplug it but if doesnt hurt the tank till moring I will waste electricity.

Back