skimmer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by bobby, Dec 7, 2006.

1. bobby

bobby I like to do bad things.

can anybody tell me whats going on ive had my skimmer set up for about 2 weeks with in the first 2 days it started foaming very little amounts of foam and now it wont foam at all i took off the collection cup and and all the bubbles are just popping i am using a smaller pump for it could that be the reason im using a reagent pump instead of the maxi jet but the guy i bought it off of was also using the reagent i have the venuti valve all the way open and still for the last few days nothing also could sombody give me ideas for a new skimmer with the best bang for the buck and a place to get it bth the one i have is a seaclone 100 i know from reading here there not that good and the tank size 30 gal

bobby, Dec 7, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. bobby

squibley2

You might be getting all air and little water into the skimmer. I would close the valve down untill you get the air bubble on the intake tube to go away then that is the most that you will get out of that skimmer.

I would look into an Aqua C remora. They are awesome!!! I have a Remora Pro running my 55.

squibley2, Dec 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. bobby

bobby I like to do bad things.

thanks you were right i closed the valve and checked it 15 mins lter and its foaming again not in the cup yet but the tubes starting to fill up with foam so ill wait and see how good it dose before i decide to buy another because its hard talkin the wife into new stuff she likes lookin at at the tank but dosnt understand what you need to make it work

bobby, Dec 8, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question