skimz protein skimmers

I think a skimmer is a skimmer, all depends on how much you want to pay and what you want out of your tank. Lps tanks can afford to have a lesser quality skimmer. I went with the 8in reef octopus 225. I pulled more skimmate in a week than I did in a month with my hob. Here is a picture of 4 days with this skimmer in the break in period. I am amazed, I out it on the scale and was 14.5 oz. My recommendation is to make an inspection of the body to the collection cup and having that as smooth as possible with produce
20140512_132429.jpg

i had the skimz sk181 and loved it. i didn't have a huge bioload but it pulled out some nasty stuff. it was my first true skimmer and wish i never sold it with the 150 i had. i had a friend who bought a sk201 and he said the same thing. i will say the only thing is that aquacave is the only retailer for them so if anything breaks you have to buy from them. of course that is if it breaks

besides having a small footprint i loved the return being on the bottom so you didn't have micro bubbles like some of the other skimmers.

Back