skipping the cycle

poolshark181

Reefing newb
could you skip a cycle with a 8 gallon biocube by using cured live rock, arag alive sand, and established tank water? one of my friends is curious if this is possible.

it could be possible but i think you would still have some kind of cycle probley a small one. but you never know what will happen.

You can completely skip a cycle if you use all cured stuff and old water. Yote says that in his LFS they can set up a fully stocked tank in one day by using all cured rock and sand and old water.

I agree with biff. I think you can easily skip a cycle with cured rock and already cycled water. Its no diffrent than just transferring a tank...same idea.

hey pool, are you talking about Chung or Simon ;)

in one post your talking about an 8 gallon, and in another ur talking about a 12 gallon haha. See you at campus my friend :bounce:

I set up my 90 gallon in one day using 40 gallons of old tank water from my 125 and 40 gallons of new salt water. I used cured rock from my 125 as well as live sand from the LFS. I transferred all my fish and corals into the 90 all in one day. I never had a spec of cycle and didn't lose a fish or coral

-Doc

could you skip a cycle with a 8 gallon biocube by using cured live rock, arag alive sand, and established tank water? one of my friends is curious if this is possible.

Yep,It can be done.
Just make sure to use the best cured rock you can get your hands on.

Back