sleeping clown?

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
My clown fish keeps going up to the top corner of the tank and just sort of hanging there. There's a lip on the top of the tank, so I'm thinking he's probably sleeping (it's dark now). Anyone see this before?

Just worried!

Hehehe..yeah, I had the same question a month ago with my clowns. Freaked me out the first time I saw them (having just spent a lot of money on the tank and fish....didn't want it to go down the drain if they were sick!). One of them would hang at the top, behind my pre-filter box, just bobbing around. The other hung around against the back wall.

I'm getting used to their quirky ways.

Damn, this guy keeps giving me scares. Today when I woke up the clown was laying on a rock, wiggling slowly. I thought he was dying again! Nope, sleeping (or so it seems)

LOL I'm getting deja vu when *I* first got mine! I mean, come on...after all that time and investment setting up a tank, the last thing you want is for your fish to die or get sick :D I went through the same panics you are going through. Now, I just go with the flow.

my one clown did that until it became used to his surroundings and then both started hosting the same cup coral. Now after almost a year the one is still on the cup coral and the other one now hosts my duncans which is on the other side of my tank. I think he got kicked out =)

my one clown did that until it became used to his surroundings and then both started hosting the same cup coral. Now after almost a year the one is still on the cup coral and the other one now hosts my duncans which is on the other side of my tank. I think he got kicked out =)

......and then they become bastards!

Your clown has low standards. Perhaps it needs you to compliment it once in a while, to boost its self esteem? Maybe it feels like it's not good enough for anything but algae. Maybe it thinks it deserves the algae.

I try to keep it down by telling it what a stupid color orange is all the time. That way, when I put in a new fish, he won't be all confident.

does he listen because mine is a basard fish i am about to tell him that i am going to bust a cap in his ass if do dont start playing nice

just make sure they know that they look just like every other clown fish in their species and they can be easily replaced without anyone noticing

just make sure they know that they look just like every other clown fish in their species and they can be easily replaced without anyone noticing

HAHA, So true.

Mine actually isn't that bad; he only chases the damsels a bit, but only when he wants the piece of food he sees. Mostly he spends his time doing tricks in front of the glass trying to get my attention. I really want a foxface eventually, so he better be nice.

My Damsels & my clown now "school" together....it's kind of weird, because they used to all hate each other. Now they stick together all the time. They're buddies! I didn't know fish would do that....odd.

Back