Slm32123 75 gallon build!

slm32123

Reefing newb
hey guys, just bought a 75 gallon tank stand and canopy for 150 bucks out the door from my lfs, they had it as their live rock tank, but don't use it anymore. this is project is going to take me a couple months to get the build actually started, because i have to wait and buy as i get my paychecks!

But anyways, to start out, here are my plans for equipment so far, I will need help on the lighting still.

75 Gallon tank

20 Gallon long tank as sump

Drilled overflow from glass-holes.com ( looking at using this one 700 gph Overflow complete kit - Glass-Holes.com dope aquarium stuff what do you guys suggest?)

Quietone 2200 pump for return

Reef Octopus 4 (125 Gallon) recirculating protein skimmer ( this one Reef Octopus Recirculating Protein Skimmer )

and either 2 of Odyssea T5 High Output Lighting
or 2 of 4Ft/4Bulbs fixture
I am leaning more towards the first of the two light fixtures because price is a little better, also has built in moonlights and programmer.

I think that covers it all. let me know what you guys all suggest...
Thanks
Steve

The overflow sounds good.Someone here is using it but I forget who.Pump good,skimmer good but not sure about lighting.Do any of those companies sell fixtures with six bulbs?I not a fan of Odyssea products but I guess they will do.

No, none of them have 6 bulbs. I am wanting to get 8 bulbs total anyways, and i figured the Odyssea ones would be good for the fixtures and moonlights if not the bulbs, since I plan on buying better bulbs to use and keep the ones that come with the fixture as backups for when the good ones go out

I prefer a fixture with 6 bulbs/individual reflectors over any 8 bulbs fixture that doesn't have it.It's not listed on Fishneedit.com if the fixture has it or don't.In the picture it does look like they do have IR.Moonlights,timers means nothing,IR means everything.

Both will work,which ever one has IR will work better.

thats what i was figuring. and i found it on petmountain.com for about 335 shipped using their 10% off code. but I dont know if I want to go with that, or 2 4x54w fishneedit fixtures, they have individual reflectors

well that is what i was figuring. but i didnt know if it would be better to do 8 bulbs or 6, the nova pro will be about 15 bucks more than the 2 fishneedit 4 bulbs

6 bulbs with individual reflectors is better than 8 bulbs without individual reflectors. Does the Fish Need It light have individual reflectors?

I have absolutely no complaints about their products. For the money I saved their lights are great. My corals are getting awesome color as well. I'd say go for it.

Back