Slowly But Surely

RAYRAY

Tiny Tank Club A+ Member
Well I Want To Thank Everyone For The Help Given To Me !!!
And It Seems Everything Is Comming Together Slowly But Surely.i Just Purchased A Powerhead/wavemaker Powersweep 214 And Removed The Bubble Stone Like Suggested. Also Added 15lbs Of Base Reef Rock Which I Think Looks Great. I Guess Next Will Be The 10 Lbs Of Live Sand To Start My Cycle. The Lfs Said I Should Add A Fish Also But I'm A Little Iffy On That. I Am Also Going To Be Gettin Fully Cured Lr Next Week , About 15 Bls Or So.... I Will Post Some Pics Soon !!! Thanks Again Everyone.

Good to hear things are going good. You dont need live sand to start a cycle it will help to quicken a cycle. I would save the money on the live sand and add a small piece of uncooked shrimp to start the cycle. Also the live rock is a good idea it will aslo quicken a cycle, however, if you add enough cured live rock you might not see but a very small spike and not really have a cycle. Good luck with the tank and keep us posted.

Bobbys right,You can save money on the sand if you buy the dry.Just be sure to rinse it out good or you'll end up with a dust storm.
You can ghost feed for a week or so to cycle too.But you probably wont see much of a spike if any.Just remember to take it slow and easy,test reguarly,and keep us updated.
Good luck with it.

Thanks,reeffreak, Will Do , I Will Be Posting Some More Pics Soon. Just Have To Upload Them !!! It,s Starting To Look Better, I Was Afraid Because My Tank In High Not Long That There Might Not Be Enough Room To Add All The Lr That I Wanted But I Think I Will Be Ok !!!

Well April 16th I Added Uncooked Shrimp To Start My Cycle Up !!! From Here I Should Start Test My Water Every Day Right?????
Test Nitrate, Nitrite, Ph And Amonnia ????

I would start testing for ammonia with in the next couple of days.Just test that untill you see the spike,then start testing for nitrite,and then nitrate.
That way your not using up test supplys before theres any thing to test.
Some folks test every 2 to 3 days,some more,some less.I like to test every day myself,but im kinda paronid about my tanks and making sure every thing stays where it should be.

You don't have to test everyday,once every 3 days sounds good.When the cycle is complete,I usually test once a week unless adding fishes.Once the ammonia and nitrite goes down to zero,do a water change and you should be able to add a fish or two.

Good Luck

Back