Small and Blue need help!

Cathic

Fish Wrangler
These things are everywhere! They are small blue look like micro flowers sticking up all over my LR. Like a small polyp would look but hardly noticeable stalk, I can definitely see string like feeder things coming off of it. Cant upload photo, am trying to though. Please help there are at least 50 that i can count!

There it is

Attachments

• DSCF1535.jpg
    DSCF1535.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 303
I have something like this except they are green -- they did not grow much and never caused any problem.

Got a closer photo?

YES! Except I cant really see the tube stalk part to well, its more clearish see through. Very much more spread out though!.

if those ar them for shure and you can take the rock out do so let it dry out and clean it good they are coloinal hydroids they can will sting you and anything they touch and they spread like wild fire. i have tons of them that i am tring to kill with out tearing my tank apart.

Hmmm, how do you get these? I have never had them before, and the coral frags i received came from a trusted donor. Any other way to get rid of these things? I am semi worried now.

all it takes is one little spore. i never have them until i got some rock that looked clean and i even cleaned the crap out of it in saltwater and they showed up and spread like crazy.

the best thing to do if they are only on that rock and you have no corals on it is just take the rock out and put it in the sun and sun bleach it it will kill everything on that rock.

If you can move the corals, then sun bleach the rock. Iono Haven't even gotten to the part about worrying about nasty living things for my tank yet, but soon...very soon

have corals >.<

that is my problem. i need to just tear it all apart and scrap them off the rocks. or the other thing that i was going to do it get some aquamend epoxy and put it on top of them let it dry and pull it off the rock and hopefully they are all stuck inside the epoxy.

that might work but it might not. also you might not be able to get the epoxy off either??? Don't know just going by logic on this one

Back