Smashed frogspawn skeleton!!

Prototype220

Reefing newb
Ok, it has been a few days since this happened, and I've called the lfs, but maybe u guys have some more ideas. The other day I bought a frogspawn from one of the lfs' in the area. After acclimation, I found a spot inthe tank, but he needed to be removed from the plug. Usually, you can just gently twist the frag from the plug no problem, but this frag was on there good bc when I twisted I crushed the base of the frag (& I mean crushed) :frustrat:! It shattered from bottom to top. Now, I took some nail glue I had and tried to piece it together best I could and put him in his spot & hoped for the best. He still inflates (slightly) and retracts when disturbed. I guess my question is, is there anything else I can do or should I just wait it out and see what happens? Poor guy, I hate killing animals, and the hubby keeps picking with me asking did he scream when I crushed him? :(((

Hahaha...it'll be ok, especially if it's still inflating. Just let it be and it'll heal itself. If by any chance you see it start to develop "brown jelly" disease, go ahead and toss it in the garbage.

Back