Smitty's Reef

Your tank is looking great! All that live rock makes my 29gal look empty. I'm in search of a light for mine too, I was looking at that Sundial, but It's a bit expensive.

How could a 24" fixture be used on a 29gal without a hood?

I don't know either how a 24in goes on there...lol...the tank is 30in. Unless you hang the fixture above it. If you do that, makes sense to me to just get a mh..idk.

Your tank is looking great! All that live rock makes my 29gal look empty. I'm in search of a light for mine too, I was looking at that Sundial, but It's a bit expensive.

How could a 24" fixture be used on a 29gal without a hood?

Suspend the fixture above the tank. This could be achieved from hanging it from the ceiling or from some L brackets.

By the way, I meant to say the "Nova Extreme Pro" not just extreme.

Nice new set up. Im in a similar boat about lights. Im trying to find some lights I like and then buy the tank to fit it. Either a 48 inch or a 72 inch. But I love my HQI!

Good morning...just a quick update. I SEE PODS & SNAILS! Yeah Baby...Their all on the rocks and glass, already. There are also tube worms, bristleworms and a white clear anemone on one of the rocks I bought. I've never been so excited to see something alive in there. Lol.

Don't some of the lights come with movable legs to adjust to the size of the tank? My brother just got a MH light and the legs are adjustable and can slide a good 8"-10".:twocents: I know many people are not fans, but Aquatraders makes 30" lights for cheap. I believe that is the brand of light my brother has and he loves it.

Good morning...just a quick update. I SEE PODS & SNAILS! Yeah Baby...Their all on the rocks and glass, already. There are also tube worms, bristleworms and a white clear anemone on one of the rocks I bought. I've never been so excited to see something alive in there. Lol.

Glad to hear you have some life crawling around in the new tank. :^::helm2::bounce:

How many lbs of LR do you have in that tank...its packed! I'm in the process of cycling a 29g tank. I was thinking about going w/ about 50lbs LR and 40lbs sand. I currenlty have 30lbs sand and 12/13lbs LR, but will be adding another 10lbs sand and 18lbs LR from my 14g BC.

How many lbs of LR do you have in that tank...its packed! I'm in the process of cycling a 29g tank. I was thinking about going w/ about 50lbs LR and 40lbs sand. I currenlty have 30lbs sand and 12/13lbs LR, but will be adding another 10lbs sand and 18lbs LR from my 14g BC.

I have about 115lbs of rock and 20lbs of sand. All that rock came out my 55, and I think it would all fit in that 29, but it made it...I was good at the game Tetris so I was fitting pieces in tightly...lol

I personally don't like that much rock in a tank. I like to leave a nice sand bed for gobies and plate corals --but hey to each his own.

wow! That's a lot of rock. Any room for water in there..lol

Lol...yeah, surprisingly there is 24gals of water in there...so the rocks and sand only took up 5gals of space..I thought that I would only have about 15gal of space for water after filling it with all that rock.

I personally don't like that much rock in a tank. I like to leave a nice sand bed for gobies and plate corals --but hey to each his own.

I like lots of rocks, but not this much really, that it's kinda congested, but it all came out of a bigger tank, so I had to use it all. I was thinking of a small plate and/or brain also, there still is lots of room in the front of the tank...about 4in.

Back