snail and maybe crab are dead

stagofdoom

Phi Kappa Psi
so yeah my snail that I got about a week ago has died. I dont know why. He never did anything since I got him. the little hermit crab is missing and has been for a long time. He went around the back corner of the tank and is gone and Im going to try to find him today.

I checked the parameters and everything looks ok.

Got 4 hermits a couple weeks ago and a few days later one was dead. I think they will on occasion kill each other. They do in fact fight with each other. I've witnessed one devouring the other.

What kind of snail was it?

Did you acclimate them properly?

It happens. If you add 20 snails or 20 crabs, you should plan on a couple not making it for whatever reason.

Hermits may kill each other for their shells. I've seen many a fight over shells.! Supply them with ample slightly larger spare shells.

This might not make you feel any better, but tonight I found Claude, my giant hermit crab, crawling around in a new shell -- the shell of the biggest Mexican turbo snail in my tank :cry:. RIP, big, nameless snail.

The point of my story: it happens. Snails and crabs die. We buy more.

yeah... so my snail is dead...boo hoo..dont care had him for a week

couldnt find my hermit crab...untill today, I did a water change so I was like you know what im going to find this guy. I took apart my whole aquarium. I took out 2 rocks and put them in my water bucket then couldnt find him so I put it all back, put in the water for the waterchange and behold....he was in the front of the tank under some sand.

so thursday im going to go and pick up two turbos and a couple of more crabs and some shells for them

Back