snail with parasite?

lilduud

Reefing newb
so i was just looking into my now fishless 10 gallon, and noted that one of my snails had a trail of white stringy stool... i know that this is a sign of internal bacterial infection or parasites in fish but is it the same in snails? also can the parasite hop from species to species or will it only affect the snails?

I'm not TOO worried as of now because this is the first time I've noticed it and even so there are no fish or fancy inverts in the tank with it. And ive never noticed any sign of parasite or infection or major ailment from my mandarin (who I moved to my 55 a few days ago) so I'll just keep an eye out and see what happens. Thanks for the advice though!!!!

my guess would be eggs also. i have never heard of a parasite that affects snails or other inverts. but that does not mean there are not any out there

It may have been laying eggs, how do astrea snails do so? I've never observed this before... And plus it started as a normal :pooh: but then the rest was stringy and white.

my guess would be eggs also. i have never heard of a parasite that affects snails or other inverts. but that does not mean there are not any out there

Back